Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fun in the Sun...



Well this post is way late, but better late than never. Last weekend was a joy and brought about a change of pace for the Burke home. Kevin Dowker invited us to join him and the girls on a trip to Monticello last Friday. The girls had spring break and the weather was gorgeous so we decided to tag along. It was a wonderful day to take a small road trip. Charlottesville was in full bloom and I believe the count was up to 54 horses that we saw on the way down. We began by grabbingsome lunch at historic Mitchie Tavern. Well worth the $17 per person. It was the best "real" mash potatoes I have had in a while. Monticello was a blast. The gardens were beautiful and the new visitor center was nice as well. After a long day of touring we returned home to Burke Manor for a long awaited game of Settlers of Catan. I finally won!!!! Which required a round two for Josh to try to come back. It was a great weekend with great friends..

No comments: